Have all of you business owners out there noticed the buzz about Bing Local? Have you even tried it? If so, did your business appear in the search results?
The SEO experts want to debate whether Bing Local will ever surpass Google’s local search. Probably not. It would take an astronomical shift in search behavior. But that’s not to say that Bing Local doesn’t have some cool features that your customers might find appealing.
Regardless of whether or not you think it will ever become #1, there’s a quick SEO task that all business owners should be doing – submitting their sites to Bing Local.
It’s easy to do (takes less than 15 minutes) and it’s FREE. Basically, there’s no reason not to do it.
Here are the steps you’ll need to go through to get listed:
- Go to Bing Local’s Listing Center.
- Make sure you don’t already have a listing.
- Setup a Windows ID (If you don’t already have one)
- Enter your business info (description, tagline, specialties) as wells as contact info.
- Select as many as 6 categories in which you want your website listed (this is great for being associated with your top keywords). [SEE SCREENSHOT BELOW]
- Provide details about specific features of your business.
- Verify your location on a map.
Whether you know a lot about search engine optimization or not, this is a very simple process. When you weigh the potential of Bing Local, you can’t afford to ignore the possibility to gain additional qualified traffic.
Be sure to set a side a little time and get your business listed in Bing Local right away.